Sunday, November 23, 2008

A quickie in Dallas-Ft. Worth and the newly renovated Fountainebleau hotel



I travelled to Dallas for a quick visit and got to enjoy a very interesting restaurant in Ft. Worth, which is about 35 minuted drive from Dallas. The area in Ft. Worth is called the Stock Yards and the restaurant is called the Lonesome Dove. The restaurant's interiors look like an old western saloon and some of the guests were wearing big cowboy hats, yeehah! The chef, Tim Love, apparently won an Iron chef match and the food was great.
www.lonsomedovebistro.com


For gay outing, the Round Up, which is a gay bar/club was highly entertaining, I had such a smile on my face the whole time and even learned how to "Two step" by a handsome cowboy. Again, looks like a western saloon, starts with country music and goes down and dirty with current music.
www.roundupsaloon.com


And last for that trip was White Rock Park, where in a perfect fall afternoon was my dream location for a quiet charming read. It is right by Lakewood in Dallas and worth the trip.





I'm enjoying Karim Rashid's book: design yourself (published by Harpers Collins) Besides being a fan of his work, Karim's philosophy is inspiring and already helped me in finding design solutions with a project I'm working on. The book is styled in an unconventional way that makes it prefect for New York ADDies.

I'm in Miami, working on Art Basel events. I'm going to spend ten days and go back to New York after Art Basel. Last night, I went to see the newly renovated Fountain Bleau Hotel and its gorgeous new interiors and pool side areas, as well as the stunning new club, LIV. The crowd was beautiful, the girls were floating down the steps in stunning gowns but then getting my car, when leaving, from the valet took 30 minuted, oh well.



Restoration Hardware have great down feather slippers, which they call foot duvet. For home, great as self indulgence after a long day at work. The slippers are $20 and come in different earthy tones.Thse foot duvets can be a great holiday gift.



Digg!

No comments: